Monday, March 6, 2017

Fat Salmon

They see me rollin'. . . tryna catch me eatin' sushiiii

Sushi. One of my biggest loves in life. I mean, what is there not to like about rice stuffed with fresh pieces of fish, layered with more fish, tempura, vegetables, & sauce? Exactly. My love for sushi has grown so much over the past few years. I cannot help but crave sushi at least three or four times a week. Do I get it every time my cravings come into effect? Unfortunately no, but this just means I go over the top when I do go out for sushi. 

One of my favorite sushi restaurants in Philadelphia is Fat Salmon located on Walnut Street. Looking from the outside it looks like a very tiny sushi bar that has sushi you could probably get anywhere else, but once you walk in you will be amazed. You are welcomed with bright blue lights with little white tables surrounding along the walls and a sushi bar that is decked out with lite up chairs and fresh fish staring right at you through the glass. The bright white decor and light pink lighting on the walls make you feel like you are in sushi heaven. It completely changes your perspective from what you originally thought before walking in the door. 

The menu at Fat Salmon has a wide variety of sushi rolls you can order. They have 31 "featured rolls" which are basically another way of calling them fancy rolls, along with a list of regular rolls, and vegetarian rolls. One thing that I really enjoy is that they put pictures next to the featured rolls. This gives the customer a better idea of what they are going to order. . . or a way to get you to want more. Another plus about Fat Salmon is that they add four new featured rolls to the menu every couple of months. I love this because it gives me a chance to try a new roll every time I stop in. 

My past visit I decided to get four featured rolls. From left to right I ordered--the Flamenco roll, Locust, Sea Breeze, and Mr. French Kiss. All were simply amazing and I can never decide which one was my favorite since they are all so delicious. I cannot wait to go back and eat more! 

If you would like to check out the menu here is a link to their website. 
------> http://www.fatsalmonsushi.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment