Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Beilers Donuts

Happy FAT TUESDAY fellow foodies!!


It is the one day that we find it ok to eat anything and everything we want, so why not take advantage of this day and splurge? A typical tradition in central Pennsylvania is to eat fastnacht which is basically a giant fried donut with sugar. Sounds heavenly . . . I KNOW. 

This year I decided to break away from the tradition and go to one of best donut bakeries in Philadelphia, known as Beiler's Donuts. Beiler's Donuts is located inside the Reading Terminal Market. There is no way of missing it once you see the line backed up to other food counters inside the market. The donuts are homemade, hand rolled and extremely fresh. Not only that, they are cheap! Beiler's has over 40 different flavors of donuts to choose from. I tend to have a problem of narrowing down to just one or two, so I generally get half a dozen. (Don't worry, I share with my family and friends . . . sometimes 😋). 

Beiler's Donuts has been doing so well that this past weekend they opened another location in University City! It is exciting to know that I now have the option to go to different locations depending on where I am in the city. Today I checked out the Reading Terminal Market location and got my usual half dozen and tried the strawberry filled donut, chocolate with M&M's, two vanilla sprinkles, oreo creme, and the bacon creme filled. They were all to die for and totally worth the couple pounds I gained after eating them. If you are looking for a last minute Fat Tuesday fill, I would fill your tummy with a donut treat from Beilers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment